AWS Interview Questions: AWS Interview Questions for Freshers and Experienced Professionals, DevOps, AWS Solution Architect. Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers various popular Reliable and Highly Scalable Services like EC2 - Elastic Compute Cloud, S3, RDS, SES, SNS, AMI, Auto Scaling, CloudFront, etc.
Q:- What is AWS?
AWS stands for Amazon Web Service. AWS is the collection of remote computing services also known as cloud computing platform.
Q:- Mention what are the key components of AWS?
Following are the key components of AWS:
- AWS Route 53: It is a highly available and scalable cloud Domain Name System (DNS) web service.
- Simple E-mail Service (SES): It is cloud-based email sending service which allows sending e-mail using RESTful API call or via regular SMTP.
- Identity and Access Management: It provides enhanced security and identity management for your AWS account.
- Simple Storage Service (S3): It is most widely used aws storage service.
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): It provides on-demand computing resources for hosting applications. It is very useful in case of unpredictable workloads.
- Elastic Block Store (EBS): It provides persistent storage volumes that attach to EC2 to allow you to persist data past the lifespan of a single EC2.
- CloudWatch: It monitors AWS resources, one can set a notification alarm in case of trouble.
Q:- Explain what is S3?
In AWS, S3 stands for Simple Storage Service.
You can use S3 to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time and from anywhere on the web.
Q:- Explain what is AMI?
AMI stands for Amazon Machine Image.
AMI provides the information required to launch an instance.
Q:- Mention what is the relation between an Instance and AMI?
In AWS, from a single AMI, you can launch multiple Instances.
Q:- What does an AMI includes?
An AMI includes the following things
- A Template for the root volume of the instance.
- Launch permissions that controls which AWS accounts can use the AMI to launch instances
- A block device mapping that determines the volumes to attach to the instance when it is launched
Q:- Mention what is the difference between Amazon S3 and EC2?
The difference between EC2 and Amazon S3 is that
It is a cloud web service used for hosting your application
It is a data storage system where any amount of data can be stored
It is like a huge computer machine which can run either Linux or Windows and can handle application like PHP, Python, Apache or any databases
It has a REST interface and uses secure HMAC-SHA1 authentication keys
Q:- How many buckets can you create in AWS by default?
By default, you can create upto 100 buckets in each of your AWS accounts.
Q:- What is the difference between horizontal & vertical scaling?
There are two types of scaling
- Horizontal Scaling
- Vertical Scaling
Horizontal Scaling: (Scale Out Approach)
Horizontal scaling means that you scale your server by adding more machines into your pool of resources.
Horizontal scaling can be achieved with the help of clustering, load balancing
Vertical Scaling: (Scale up Approach)
Vertical scaling means that you scale up your server by adding more power (CPU, RAM) to an existing machine.
Q:- In VPC with private and public subnets, database servers should ideally be launched into which subnet?
Q:- Mention what are the security best practices for Amazon EC2?
You should follow the following steps
- Use AWS identity and access management to control access to your AWS resources
- Restrict access by allowing only trusted hosts or networks to access ports on your instance
- Review the rules in your security groups regularly
- Only open up permissions that your require
- Disable password-based login, for instance, launched from your AMI
Q:- Explain how the buffer is used in Amazon web services?
The buffer is used to make the system more robust to manage traffic or load by synchronizing different component.Usually, components receive and process the requests in an unbalanced way, With the help of buffer, the components will be balanced and will work at the same speed to provide faster services.
Q:- While connecting to your instance what are the possible connection issues one might face?
The possible connection errors one might encounter while connecting instances are
- Connection timed out
- User key not recognized by the server
- Host key not found, permission denied
- Unprotected private key file
- Server refused our key or No supported authentication method available
- Error using MindTerm on Safari Browser
- Error using Mac OS X RDP Client
Q:- What is Amazon RDS?
RDS stands for Relational Database Service is a managed SQL Database service that makes it easier to set up, operate, and scale a relational database on the cloud.