Drupal 8 Interview Questions
The installer will attempt to make the reasonable choice based on your browser language and should display the page in your browser language.
If you are making a multilingual site, choose one of the languages that you want to use as installation language, and preferably not English
ARIA Live Announcements API and TabManager are significant improvements in Drupal 8, which provide control for rich Internet applications
You can even post data back to Drupal 8 from the front end. Hypertext Application Language (HAL) is implemented in Drupal 8 and makes exploitation of web service capabilities less painful.
When a page is viewed, its content doesn’t need to be reloaded again.
Previously viewed content is quickly loaded from the cache. Once configured and enabled, caching is completely automatic
Meanwhile, underlying Drupal 8 features modern, object-oriented code that's the order of the day, by Symfony 2.
You may also like - Node Js Interview Questions
A module is software (code) that extends Drupal features and/or functionality
- Core modules - It comes by default with Drupal Installation.
- Contributed modules - you can download them from drupal.org
- CustomModules - These are custom modules created by you as per your need.
You may also like - Python Interview Questions
Following are some important modules:
- Views - It makes displaying lists of content very easy.
- Panels - Panels gives you the ability to create custom pages easily.
- Ctools - Chaos tool suite(Ctools) is primarily a set of APIs and tools to improve the developer experience.
- Token - Tokens are little snippets of text that can be used as replacement patterns. For example, if your website sends out emails and you want to add in the users name, or you want fill in a link path with a node id to provide a helpful link to content, tokens will save the day.
- Pathauto - Pathauto simplifies creating clean and search engine friendly URLS for the various content you add to your site.
- Webform - If you want to provide easy to fill out forms for the visitors of your site, the Webform module will help you out.
- Rules - Drupal rules will allow you to set up condition actions.
- Date - This is useful for allowing the easy selections of dates in content types (with a nice date popup).
- Libraries - Makes organizing your various libraries of functionality easy (see Jquery UI above for an example).
- Google Analytics - It is very helpful in tracking your website, etc.
Singleton Design pattern is used in Drupal.
By default, drupal does not allow adding PHP code directly inside a post or in a block.
To do this, you need to activate a drupal module called PHP filter via, Administer Site building Modules. Even though this module ships with drupal, it remains disabled by default.
Ctools stands for Chaos Tool Suite (ctools)Chaos Tool Suite (ctools)
You may also like - PHP Interview Questions
Regions are the main part of theme.
Example: Header, Content, Sidebar, Footer etc
Adding regions to a theme requires:
- Adding region meta-data to your THEMENAME.info.yml file.
- Editing your page.html.twig file and printing the new regions.
- page.help (dynamic help text, mostly for admin pages)
- page.content (main content of current page)
Drush is a command line interface that help us to speed up administrative and development tasks for Drupal websites
After installing Drush, we’ll be able to perform useful actions command line.
Drush runs on Drupal 6, 7 well as 8.
Note: Drupal 8, works only with Drush 8.
- Download Drupal
- Download contrib modules
- Install Drupal
- Update Drupal and contrib module versions
- Run updatedb
- Clear the cache
- Run cron
- Run Drupal with a lightweight web server
- Import, export and merge configuration
- Add users and set their roles
- Add permissions to roles
- Back up and restore Drupal
- Copy your database and files to a remote server
- Compile twig templates
You may also like - WordPress Interview Questions
A node is any piece of individual content, such as a page, poll, article etc.
Blocks are the pieces of content that can be rendered anywhere on your Drupal website.
Taxonomy, a powerful core module, gives your sites use of the organizational keywords known in other systems as categories, tags, or metadata.
It is used to classify the content of the website.
You may also like - React Js Interview Questions