HTML5 | HTML5 Interview Questions | Basic
HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content of a web page.
- HTML5 is the latest version of HTML - Hypertext Markup Language, the code that describes web page.
- It is developed by - World Wide Web Consortium.
- It was initially released on 28 October 2014.
- It is not case sensitive
DOCTYPE is short form of Document Type Declaration.
it tells the web browser about the version of markup language in which a web page is written.
- Latest syntax for HTML5 document type is <!DOCTYPE html>.
- It is not a HTML tag.
- It is an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML the page is written in.
You may also like - HTML and CSS Interview Questions
- Web Storage - Local storage, Session Storage.
- New Input Types date, time, email, URL and search etc.
- Graphics canvas element is provided for 2D drawing.
- New Media Elements video and audio etc.
- New Semantic Elements article, header, footer, nav, section, figure etc.
- Geolocation support.
- Web Worker support.
HTML5 is more powerfull and easier than HTML4, HTML5 has lots of new TAG like header, footer, nav, audio, video, main etc.
View details - Difference between HTML and HTML5
You may also like - Bootstrap Interview Questions
HTML5 | html5 Interview Questions | HTML Tags
- <article> - This tag defines an article.
- <aside> - It defines content other than the page content.
- <bdi> - This tag isolates a part of text for formatting in a different direction from other text.
- <command> - It defines a command button to be invoked by the user.
- <details> - It defines additional details that can be viewed or hidden by the user.
- <dialog> - It defines a dialog box.
- <figure> - This tag specifies content like illustrations, diagrams, photos, code listings, etc.
- <figcaption> - It is used to provide a caption for a <figure> element
- <footer> - This tag defines a footer for a document or section
- <header> - This tag is used to define a header for a document or section
- <hgroup> -When there are multiple levels in a heading, it groups a set of <h1> to <h6> elements.
- <mark> - It defines highlighted text.
- <meter> - It defines a scalar measurement within a known range.
- <nav> - It defines links for navigation.
- <progress> - This tag exhibits the progress of a task.
- <ruby> - It defines a ruby annotation for East Asian typography.
- <section> - It defines a section in a document.
- <summary> - It provides a visible heading for a <details> element.
- <time> - This tag defines a date/time.
- <wbr> - This tag defines a line-break.
HTML5 | HTML5 Interview Questions | HTML Storage
You can store data locally using HTML5 Storage. Exciting thing about this storage is that its fast as well as secure.
- localStorage It stores data for a longer period of time even if the browser is closed.
- sessionStorage It stores data for a specific session.
|It persists data until we close the window or tab in which it was stored.||It persist data even if the window or tab is closed (but can be explicitly removed or expires).|
|Values stored in sessionStorage are not shared. These will be visible only to respective window or tab.||Values stored in localStorage are shared for all windows and tabs from same origin.|
|Maximum size is 5MB (can vary on different browsers).||Minimum size is 5MB (can vary on different browsers).|
- localStorage.getItem(key): fetch an item from storage against provided key.
- localStorage.setItem(key, value): add an item to storage.
- localStorage.removeItem(key): removes an item from storage against provided key.
- localStorage.clear(): clearing the storage removing all items from it.
You may also like - PHP Developer Interview Questions
- canvas is only a container for graphics you must need to write a script to draw graphics on web page.
SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics.
- SVG is used to define vector-based graphics for the Web
- SVG defines the graphics in XML format
- SVG graphics do NOT loose any quality if they are zoomed or resized
- Every element and every attribute in SVG files can be animated
- SVG is an W3C standard
HTML5 introduced the two graphical elements Canvas and SVG for creating rich graphics on the web, but they are fundamentally different
|Vector based (composed of Shapes)||Raster based (composed of Pixel)|
|Multiple graphical elements, which become the part of the DOM||Single HTML element similar to
|Modified through script and CSS||Modified through script only|
|Give better performance with smaller number of objects or larger surface, or both||Give better performance with smaller surface or larger number of objects, or both|
|Better scalability — can be printed with high quality at any resolution||Poor scalability — not suitable for printing on higher resolution|
HTML5 | HTML5 Interview Questions | Advanced
- The window object
- The document object
- The parent object
Server-Sent Events allow a web page to get updates from a server.
You may also like - React.js Interview Questions
HTML5 introduced a new concept Application Cache - means that a web application is cached, and accessible without an internet connection.
There are three advantages of Application Cache:
- Offline browsing - Users can use the application when they're offline
- Speed/Improve performance - Cached resources load faster
- Reduce HTTP request and server load - The browser will only download updated/changed resources from the server
The HTML5's application cache feature is supported in all major modern browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and Internet Explorer 10+.
A Manifest file is a simple text file that tells the browser what to cache and what not to cache.
To enable the application cache for an application, you must include the manifest attribute in the <html> element in your application's pages
There are three sections of a Manifest file:
- CACHE MANIFEST - Files listed here are cached after they are downloaded for the first time.
- NETWORK - Files listed here require a connection to the server, and are never cached.
- FALLBACK - Files listed here specify fallback pages if a page is inaccessible.
You may also like - MySQL Interview Questions