Oracle DBA Interview Questions
- Oracle is a relational database management system (RDBMS).
- Oracle is used to store and retrieve the large amounts of data.
- It is a database commonly used for running online transaction processing, data warehousing and mixed database workloads.
- Manage database storage
- Administer users and security
- Manage schema objects
- Monitor and manage database performance
- Perform backup and recovery
- Schedule and automate jobs
Pro*C is an embedded SQL programming language used by Oracle Database database management systems.
- Schema is a collection of database objects owned by a specific user.
- objects include tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, etc.
- In Oracle, the user is the account and the schema is the objects.
You may also like - MongoDB Interview Questions
- Data Segment
- Index Segment
- Rollback Segment
- Temporary Segment
An integrity constraint is a declarative way to define a business rule for a column of a table.
A transaction is a logical unit of work that contains one or more SQL statements. A transaction is an atomic unit. The effects of all the SQL statements in a transaction can be either all committed (applied to the database) or all rolled back (undone from the database).
A deadlock occurs when two or more sessions are waiting for data locked by each other, resulting in all the sessions being blocked. Oracle automatically detects and resolves deadlocks by rolling back the statement associated with the transaction that detects the deadlock.
You may also like - MySQL Interview Questions