Top 10 HR Interview Questions: Top 10 HR Interview Questions And Answers For Freshers And Experienced. Important Top questions asked in HR Interview.
In this article, we have written about the most frequently asked Questions in HR Round!.
Tips to crack HR Round Interview!
- This will help you to crack the HR Interview.
- You should be careful while answering HR Interview Questions.
- Most people are very good at Technical Skills but failed to clear their HR Round.
- So, you need to know how to answer these type of common questions asked in HR Round.
Let’s see some questions and how to answer them.
Let's take an example of a Software Enginner!
Interviewer | Q-1. Tell me something about yourself?
This is the first question which you may face in each interview. This question is to start up with the interview process in most of the companies. So, prepare yourself.
Let's Start with Starting words:
Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to introduce myself.
- Hello Sir/Ma'am Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.
- (Note - If Interviewer has already called you by your Name then skip this point.)
- Name & Place:
- My Name is Your-Name and I'm from City-Name.
- (If interview is going on in the same city then you can say - I'm from City-Name itself.)
I have completed my Course-Name from College/University-Name in Year with Percentage.
- I have completed my B.Tech. from UPTU in 2017 with 75%.
- I have completed my 12th and 10th in 2013 & 2011 with 65% & 60% respectively.
- Work Experience:
I have Year-of-Experience in Industry
- I have 5 years of working experience in programming and web development etc.
- Compnay Details:
Always start with your current compnay, mention your other companies if any in Reverse chronological order.
I have worked with Company-Name from Start-Date to End-Date as a Designation.
- Currently, I am working with Company-Name as Sr. Software Enginner since Jan 2020.
- I have worked with Company-Name from Jan 2018 to Dec 2019 as a Software Enginner.
- I have worked with Company-Name from Dec 2017 to Dec 2018 as a Junior Software Enginner.
About my hoobies -
- I love writing blogs.(mention if any)
- I love reading question on tech forums and help others by answering sometimes.
Let's end with Closing words:
Well, that was just a brief summary. however if you would like to know any further details, I would be glad to share it.
Interviewer | Q-2. Why are you looking for job change?
This answer will tell Interviewer several things About your -
- Career Goals
- Professional Values
- Sense of Maturity
- Decision-making quality etc
Best & Short Answer is:
I am looking for better opportunity, career growth and new challenges with more responsibilities.
Note: Don't say anything bad about your current and previous employers/company.
Interviewer | Q-3. What is your salary expectation?
For Freshers - As per industry norms.
For Experienced - You can say 30-50% hike depending on your skill sets.
Every Company has a salary range associated with the respective Job Profile.
- If Interviewer insist you, tell them your expectation honestly which meets your skills and market trends for that job position.
- Always mention that, is it negotiable or not?
Interviewer | Q-4. What are your roles and responsibilities in your current company?
Let's start with
Job title (designation) + company (with brief overview of the current company)
- Mention your reporting manager - To Whom (his/her position) you report.
- Mention your team size you work with or handle.
- Mention your main day-to-day responsibilities.
- Focus on things that are more relevant to the position for which you have applied.
- Mention any your achievements (a promotion, an award), statistics, etc
Interviewer | Q-5. What is your ideal job?
You can reply which is best suited for you!.
Example - being an individual contributor I would like to get a host of clients who can offer me quality software projects and I would like to establish a creative setup in the future.
Interviewer | Q-6. Tell me your work style?
This is a most favored behavioral interview questions and you have to handle it in a right way.
You can say that "I am inclined towards the creative side of doing right things. I can adjust the situations throwing a highly challenging environment with a lot of pressure."
Interviewer | Q-7. Why should we hire you?
In Short, your skills best suited for the current job profile
You need to be unique in this question. After working with dedicated service to my current employer, I am ready to accept the new challenge and contribute the same dedication if given the opportunity.
Interviewer | Q-8. Why do you want to work for this company?
Just like you can say,
It’s everyone's dream to work for a esteemed organization.
But, I am not only chasing My Dream.
I have been following the company’s growth curve and employee satisfaction levels for a long time. So, I also trying to prove my skills in the biggest platform that suits my profile.
Interviewer | Q-9. What do you want to do?
These can be behavioral interview questions. So, respond to this in a simple way.
I like to earn a niche for myself.
In my work culture, I always look for creativity and fit into a role that offers both the managerial and technical dimensions.
Interviewer | Q-10. Do you have any questions for me?
This is question's answers is just upto you, if you want to ask something or not, but rather than just simply saying no, you should have alteast one questions to ask from Interviewer.
- If you are a fresher - What would be my role as a fresher in your company?
- What are the growth and development opportunities for this role?
- Hi Sir, requesting you to provide your feedback on my interview as a suggestion?