WordPress is an open source CMS written in PHP.
- WordPress is a free and open-source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system.
- WordPress was used by more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2015.As of February 2016, WordPress is used by 59.1% of all the websites whose content management system we know. This is 25.8% of all websites.
- Easy Installation and Upgrades
- User Management
- Media Management
- Easy Theme System
- Extend with Plugins
- Built-in Comments
- Search Engine Optimization
- Publish with Ease
- Publishing Tools
You may also like Core PHP Interview Questions
- Application Framework
- Custom Content Types
- The Latest Libraries
- WordPress is Free
- Easy to Use and Learn
- Extendable by Using Themes and Plugins
- Search Engine Friendly
- Easy To Manage
- Safe and Secure
- WordPress Can Handle Different Media Types
- Rating Website
- Media Site
- Membership Site
Plugins are ways to extend and add to the functionality that already exists in WordPress.. Plugins then offer custom functions and features so that each user can tailor their site to their specific needs.
- Create a unique name
- Create the plugin's folder
- Create a sub-folder for PHP files, translations and assets
- Create the main plug-in file and fill in header information
- Create activation and de-activation functions
- Create an uninstall script
- Create a readme.txt file
- To detect paths to plugin file use proper constants and functions
wp_title() function is for use outside "The Loop" to display the title of a Page.
the_title() on the other hand is used within "The Loop".
You can secure your wordpress website by using following things:
- Use Secure Hosting
- Don't Use Nulled Themes
- Install a WordPress Security Plugins
- Always Use Strong Password
- Disable File Editing
- Install SSL Certificate
- Change your WP Login URL
- Limit Login Attempts
- Update your WordPress version
You may also like MySQL Interview Questions
These are the function used when you website multilingual, each of this function has two parameters.
1st parameter: String which you want to convert from one language to another.
2nd parameter: domain name.
Following are two types of hooks
- Action hooks: This hooks allow you to insert an additional code.
- Filter hooks: Filter hooks will only allow you to add a content or text at the end of the post.
- wp_nav_menu() :- Displays a navigation menu.
- is_page() :- To check if this is page OR NOT, will return boolean value.
- the_title():- Displays the title of the post in website.
- the_content():- Displays the contents of the post in website.
- get_the_excerpt() :- Copy the excerpt of the post into a specified variable.
- in_category() :- Check if the specified post is assigned to any of the specified categories OR not.
- index.php :- for index page.
- search.php :- For display the search result page.
- single.php :- for single post page.
- page.php :- display the static pages.
- category.php :- Display the category page.
- tag.php :- For display the tags page.
- author.php :- For display author page.
- taxonomy.php :- For display the taxonomy archive.
- attachment.php :- For managing the single attachments page.
- header.php :- For managing top part of page.
- footer.php :- For manage bottom part of pages.
- archive.php :- For archive page display.
- 404.php :- For display 404 error page.
It has two parameter, first is shortcode name and second callback function.